Levenshtein Distance is a canonical method where it takes two strings, and returns a number representing the minimum number of insertions, deletions and replacements required to translate one string into the other.
Distances Example :
- LevenshteinDistance(cook, book) -> 1
- LevenshteinDistance(cook, books) -> 2
- LevenshteinDistance(what, water) -> 3
- BK-trees can be used for approximate string matching in a dictionary.
- Levenshtein distance – the distance metric commonly used when building a BK-tree